feedburner

For info on the roadshow dates, details of the assignments, PDF's of useful stuff, technical gubbins, and critiques of submitted work, subscribe here.

Post-Roadshow Report Card - Edinburgh Stevenson

Labels:


Me in front of the crowd at Edinburgh.

Oh alright, I'll stay awake despite the gentle rocking of the train, and the fact I've been working for a very long time now without a day off. Heading south from Edinburgh as I write this, so at least it's all fairly fresh in my mind.
  • Student Turnout - 8/10. Lots of folk, particularly for Dave, Dennis and Duncan's afternoon off-camera flash demo.
  • Number of Questions asked - 10/10. Pretty much all of this score is accounted for by Arek, who turned up with a bloody great shopping list!
  • Quality of Tea and Cakes - 9/10. Lunch wheeled out to us in the lecture theatre. Mmmm, lazy.
  • Ability of Tom's laptop to handle something simple like a USB key drive - 0/10. Time for a new one methinks. Mind you, this one's 4 years old and has been dropped more times than I care to remember, so no real cause for complaint.
  • Number of people who used their own initiative on the assignment and thereby knocked our collective socks off - 10/10. You know who you are!
Right, sleep now. Then some more work, then back up to Edinburgh for a shoot at the weekend. As a wiser, tougher and more handsome man than me once said "It's not the years Honey, it's the mileage!"

4 comments:
gravatar
Hamish Campbell said...
October 15, 2009 at 12:28 AM  

Really enjoyed your talk yesterday. It was great to hear some of your insights.

Best of luck with the rest of the roadshows.

H

gravatar
adrianbialasek said...
October 15, 2009 at 4:33 PM  

Great speach yesterday! at first thought that it would be same stuff you covered last year. At least I would remember what TFP stands for... will try to catch you over the weekend.
Adrian

gravatar
aka said...
October 20, 2009 at 9:11 PM  

I was touched :) by your talk last year, so I spent my 65 mins on a bus to school again. I really like that you are very simple and honest. Also your words reminded me of my journalistic journey.. being on the road constantly, working 24/7. Loved that, but when you have family, you can't do it anymore. But I still enjoy listening to other people who can afford it :)
Good luck with your new projects!

Anna

gravatar
Photosmudger said...
October 22, 2009 at 1:39 PM  

Thanks Guys, glad it was all appreciated. Sorry for not commenting back sooner, I'd forgotten to set it up to email me when people comment!

Good luck to all of you, maybe even see you next year....

Tom

Post a Comment